Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Hurricane Katrina update







New Orleans orders 3m to flee as hurricane nears

Rain lashes US coast as Hurricane Katrina weakens slightly

Oil leaps above $70 as Katrina rips through US Gulf

Hurricane Katrina has been downgraded to a Category 4, which can still cause much deversation.

a Category 4 Hurrican invovles

More extensive curtainwall failures with some complete roof structure failure on small residences. Major erosion of beach areas. Terrain may be flooded well inland.

example storms include: Galveston Hurricane of 1900, Hurricane Hugo, Hurricane Iris and Hurricane Charley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home