Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Iraq parliament cancels constitution session

BAGHDAD (AFP) - The Iraqi parliament has cancelled a meeting to vote on the country's draft constitution.

"The meeting has been postponed without setting a new date... until meetings are finished and (leaders) reach an agreement on pending issues," an official at the national assembly's media department told AFP on Thursday.

Drafting of the constitution, which was initially due to have been submitted to parliament on August 15, has been dogged by disputes over a number of key issues including federalism, the role of Islam and sharing of oil wealth.

I personally did not think the Iraqis were given enough time to write a constution, events like creating a constutution cannot be rushed.

The Bush Junta only cared about its image and the flagging support of the war, a nice shiny constution would go someway to showing that the misadventure in Iraq was not just a pointless clusterfuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home