Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Guantanamo Bay

Guantanamo 'suicide' inmate named
A detainee who apparently committed suicide at Guantanamo Bay on Wednesday was a Saudi army veteran who fought for the Taleban, US officials have said.

The man, named as Abd al-Rahman al-Amiri, was found not breathing in his cell at the US detention facility, and guards could not revive him.

Saudi Arabia has said it has begun procedures to repatriate his body.
Despair must of gotten the better of him, the realisation that he would never be released.

You know surely its a sign that Gitmo is not a holiday camp despite what its supporters say when an inmate takes his own life, I mean it must be a seriously fucked up place.

How can Bush and Blair hope to say 'democracy' or even go round promoting it with a straight face when they are running the abomination that is Guantanamo Bay?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home