Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Lebanon

New US military aid for Lebanon
US military planes have delivered more equipment to the Lebanese army, as its stand-off with Islamic militants at a Palestinian refugee camp continued.

Palestinian PM Fouad Siniora again called on Sunni militants inside the camp to surrender or face army action.

He was speaking after the leader of Shia militant group Hezbollah, Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah, said Lebanon should not be part of a US war on al-Qaeda.

The stand-off at the Nahr al-Bared camp near Tripoli is now in its seventh day.
Why is handing out more weapons to a violent conflict even being considered? I mean handing out military supplies is just going to fuel the conflict, shouldn't the goal be trying to like reduce it!

The power of the arms trade and the millions made off it, is very repugnant.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home