Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Gordon Brown

Brown pledge to cut state control
Gordon Brown has said he has learned his lesson about "top-down" government and has pledged to involve ordinary people in his decisions.

He told BBC News the public needed to be fully involved if big challenges like climate change were to be tackled.

He also agreed that tax as a percentage of national income had risen under Labour, but said people supported the decision to increase NHS funding.

The Tories have accused Mr Brown of being addicted to "state control".
Gordon Brown seems to take great pleasure in creating byzantine programmes like his Working tax credit what a fuck up that was!

He has to micromanage everything, which won't serve him well when he becomes PM.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home