Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gordon Brown

Ashdown turns down job in Brown cabinet
Lord Ashdown, the former leader of the Liberal Democrats, was offered a job in Gordon Brown's first cabinet, he said today.

The peer - reportedly offered the position of Northern Ireland secretary - said he refused the job, and would have done so even if he had received the consent of Sir Menzies Campbell, the current party leader.

"It is true that Mr Brown suggested ... that I might take a position in the cabinet," Lord Ashdown said, in a statement sent to the BBC.
very strange behaviour from Gordon Brown, why on earth would he offer the job of Northern Ireland secretary to Paddy Ashdown?

I mean its a step down from being Lord High Sheriff of Bosnia and Herzegovina

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home