Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Blair, Just Go Already!

Bush and Blair reaffirm alliance
Tony Blair and George W Bush have reasserted the strong links between the United States and Britain.

The British prime minister is on a final trip to Washington before stepping down at the end of June.

The two leaders have been close allies over the past six years, and praised each other's record.

Mr Bush called the British PM "a clear, strategic thinker". Mr Blair said the US president had been "unyielding, unflinching and determined".
I love this quote from a MP backbencher who was a vocal opponent of the war, he was a panelist on Have I Got News For You, a current affair quiz/comedy show with Paul Merton and Ian Hislop (editor of Private Eye), each week there is a guest presenter.

"I don't care if he goes down in history as a combination of Florence Nightingale and Alexander the Great, just so long as he stuffs off"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home