Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Random Musings

Last night me and my dad were watching this program about Gordon Brown on Channel 4 and one of the ads during the break was for Christian Aid Week, the focus being on providing fresh water pumps, and my father could not understand how these LEDCs (Less Economically Developed Countries) could afford to buy armaments but can't provide a water pump, which aren't expensive.

He wondered whether they are ashamed that they have to rely on rich western nations to build their water pumps.

That there must be something deeply wrong when a countries government cannot even provide fresh water for its peoples but will spend billions on the latest weapons

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home