Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Swansea University RAG Beer Race

Every year the Swansea University RAG (Raising and Giving) Society holds an annual Beer Race, I was there stewarding. Over a 1000 students took part.

Students came dressed up in all sorts of costumes and they got extremely drunk, so the stewards job was to keep the flow going and trying to get people to move on once they had their one pint to prevent bottlenecks from happening, and to make sure the beer racers did not buy anymore drink.

Even though it was tiring and got quite frustrating at times, it was fun and I got to meet new people, so that was interesting.

Photos from the Beer Race (taken outside Que Pasa, one of the Beer Race venues, which I was stewarding)

Students in Fancy Dress (all part of the fun)


I-Pods


Genies


Top Gun


Roman soldiers


Genies


Old ladies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home