Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Palestinian Poetry Blogging

The Night There

The night there is pitch black...and roses are fewer
The road will fork even more than before. The valley will split open
and the slope will collapse on us. The wound opens wides. Relatives flee.
Victims kill each other to erase their victims' sigh and find relief.
We'll know more than we knew before. One abyss will lead to another.
When we embrace an idea worshipped by tribes and branded on their
vaninishing bodies,
we'll witness emperors engraving their names on grains of wheat to show
their power.
Aren't we changed? Men follow the teaching of the sword
and spill blood. Let the sand pile up.
Women who believe in what's between their thighs follow the teachings of lewdness.
Let the shadows shrink.

Yes I will follow the path of the song, even though my roses are fewer.

From Fewer Roses (1986) by Mahmoud Darwish

Translated by Munir Akash and Carolyn Forché

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home