Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Tories

Cameron races ahead of Brown in poll for PM

Tory right urged to back Cameron
Former Tory Prime Minister Sir John Major has warned the party's right-wing that they risk continual electoral defeat if they oppose David Cameron's shift to the centre ground.

He said the party should never have moved to the right in successive election defeats since he left Number 10 in 1997 and asked critics of Mr Cameron's re-positioning: "How many elections do they wish to lose by moving to the right?"

Since becoming Tory leader last year, Mr Cameron has focused relentlessly on shifting the Conservative party away from its reputation as "the nasty party" in a bid to reclaim the centre ground from New Labour.
The Toffs have grown tired of the Oiks running the Conservative party and have staged a takeover.

I do get worried when I start to agree with Cameron, but then that is a reflection of how far right Labour has gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home