Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Palestinian Poetry Blogging

Yes I am back, finally got my internet connection sorted out!

so here is some more Mahmoud Darwish

I Belong Here

I Belong Here. I have many memories. I was born as everyone is born.
I have a mother, a house with many windows, brothers, friends and a prision cell
with a chilly window! I have a wave snatched by seagulls, a panorama of my own.
I have a saturated medow. In the deep horizon of my word, I have a moon, a birds sustenance, and an immortal olive tree.
I have lived on the land long before swords turned me into prey.
I belong here. When heaven mourns for her mother, I return heaven to her mother.
And I cry so that a returning cloud might carry my tears.
To break the rules, I have learned all the words needed for a trial by blood.
I have learned and dismantled all the words in order to draw from them a
single word: Home

from Fewer Roses (1986) by Mahamoud Darwish

Translated by Munir Akash and Carolyn Forché

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home