Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Gaza Strip



IOF Kills 8 Citizens, Wounds 20 others in Rafah
RAFAH, August 3, 2006 (WAFA) - Eight citizens were killed Thursday morning and twenty others wounded due to Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) ongoing offensive on Gaza Strip (GS) City of Rafah, medical sources said.

Israeli warplanes and tanks launched the offensive on al-Shawka zone, east of Rafah and killing eight citizens, including a 12-year-old child and wounding 20 others, ten are seriously.

Medics told WAFA that the victims are: Anees Abu Awwad 12, Youssef Abu Mour 22, Abdul Rahman Abu Sneimah 20, Ziad El-Eid 21, Adnan Abu Libda 19, Wael Younis 24, Suleiman Rmeilat 55, and Mahmoud Kollab 21.
When I read this news item my thoughts turned to my nurse friend in Rafah, I hope he is alright, I don't know how he gets through his day dealing with this much misery, death and poverty. This is what the IDF is used to killing unarmed Palestinians, so its no wonder they are having a tough time against Hezbollah, who actually fight back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home