Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Iran



Iran's Ahmadinejad Says Nuclear Fuel Is a `Right' (Update2)

Aug. 1 (Bloomberg) -- Iran will maintain its right to produce nuclear fuel, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said, the day after the United Nations Security Council gave the Islamic Republic an Aug. 31 deadline to stop uranium enrichment.

Iranians consider ``fuel production'' and the ``peaceful use of nuclear energy as a legitimate right,'' the Iranian president told supporters today in a speech televised live from the northeastern town of Bojnord, in North Khorasan province.

``Iranians today possess the nuclear know-how,'' Ahmadinejad said in his address. ``If some believe they can use the language of force and threats they are badly mistaken, and if they don't realize it now they will when their head hits a stone. They are facing a knowledgeable and proud people.''
Everyone forgets Iran had elections. Can you tell me when Saudi Arabia has ever had elections to choose their leaders?

Iran has major issues and its got a long way to go but in my honest opinion it is a bit more 'democratic' than say Saudi or Jordan (both with monarchies).

I reckon once the crazy clerics have died off and the youth take over they could become a powerhouse, but no one wants to give Iran that chance.

I don't blame it for being defensive considering the US supported the despotic Shah and Britain with US help overthrew Iran's PM Dr. Mohammed Mossadegh in 1953..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home