Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

PNAC says women's right are not important to democracy

Slouching Towards the Islamic Republic II

via Eschaton

PNAC flunky on MTP:


In 1900, women did not have the right to vote. If Iraqis could develop a democracy that resembled America in the 1900s, I think we'd all be thrilled. I mean, women's social rights are not critical to the evolution of democracy. We hope they're there. I think they will be there. But I think we need to put this into perspective.


Well its nice to know PNAC have their priorities straight, women's right are not important for democracy...so does that mean the Neocons don't think women deserved the vote or a right to education or even having a job? Women's rights are essential for democracy, it angers me how flippant they can be over the state of Iraqi women.

So now I am confused why the wingers went into Iraq in the first place...I mean first it was the mythical WMD, then it was 'democracy' and now what? creating a Shia theoracry and throwing women's rights out of the window? Proves how pointless invading Iraq was, PNAC and the Bush Junta have accomplished nothing, all they have created is a chaotic destablising country.

You only see how the wingers treat Cindy Sheenhan to see how they despise women.

Why does the Bush junta hate women so much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home