Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Police rethink shoot to kill policy

Menezes reports 'needed clarity'

I first heard about the shooting of Mr de Menezes while on holiday in Tunisia and I was quite shocked.

I was not suprised the Met tried to cover up the cock up over Mr de Menezes's death. It was a clear case of panic on the officers part, the periods after the July 7th and 21st attacks had created an atmosphere of danger and suspicion which led to the tragedy at Stockwell Station.

It is important this be investigated by an independent inqury not an internal investigation. We don't want Britain to turn into a quasi-police state.

Blair seems determined to take away our liberty and our lives with each new repressive measure. Ok so you may say its not total fascism and that we still have our freedoms but I ask for now long? Those who would support such fascistic measures would be the first to welcome a fascist dictatorship.

We must not sacrifice our liberties for the temporary exchange of security!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home