Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 In Review

Top Albums

Daft Punk's Tron Legacy soundtrack
Marina and the Diamonds - The Family Jewels
Cee-Lo - The Ladykillers
LCD - This Is Happening
Hot Chip - One Life Stand
Gogol Bordello - Trans Continental Hustle

Top Films

Kick-Ass
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
The Social Network
Winters Bone

Top TV shows

Boardwalk Empire
Doctor Who
Chuck
Downton Abbey
Sherlock

Top Books

Terminal Worlds by Alastair Reynolds
Pathfinders: The Golden Age of Arabic Science by Jim Al Khalili
ECONned: How Unenlightened Self Interest Damaged Democracy and Corrupted Capitalism by Yves Smith
The Restoration Game by Ken MacLeod

Other things I have enjoyed this year is my visit to Florence & Rome, Italy with my sister in August and seeing the wonderful Royal Ballet perform 'Onegin' in October.

Was also delighted to of celebrated my grandmother's 90th birthday in September.

The Worst Things of 2010

British politicians
Politicians in general
Politics

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home