Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

The End Is Finally Here!

Blair to stand down on June 27

· PM: I did what I thought was right
· 'May have been wrong' on Iraq
· Says UK is 'greatest country on earth'
Tony Blair today announced he was stepping down after 10 years as prime minister and 13 as Labour leader.

The prime minister told a crowd of supporters at Trimdon Labour club he would stand down as PM on June 27. He will tender his resignation to the Queen on that day.

In an emotional 17-minute speech, he said the judgment on his 10-year administration was "for you, the people, to make". Mr Blair paid special tribute to his wife and children "who never let me forget my failings".
He's finally going, hooray!

Blair has left an Iraq drenched in blood, a NHS in crisis, prisons full to bursting, created more laws criminalizing British life, an increased in inequality, cash for honors, PFI, the list is quite long, probably the only positive thing was N Ireland, but that was started by John Major and devolution, originally John Smith's idea.

When Blair first came into power, I had just started comprehensive school, now he is going, I am just about to finish university, what will the next 10 years be like?

His smarmy lack of substance CoE Vicar personality will no longer grace our screens, he'll end up with some cushy speaking circuit, probably in America.

Not that things will get any better under Brown, he is just as much an architect of NuLab as Blair and will further entrench its policies.

Around the blogosphere on Blair stepping down

Blair Out.

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Blair: victim of the myth of leadership

The Long Goodbye

Those Blair achievements in full

B-Day

A Date For Your Diary: June 27

An appropriate tune, and one of my favorites

The Doors - The End

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home