Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Freedoms

Sadly I used to think living in Britain we would avoid being threatened to have our freedoms crushed, but now that seems hollow.

With the way the British government is going, freedom of speech, meeting etc. will just vanish and you know what the majority of the British people will go for it, having been scared enough to surrender them willingly.

We don't have a codified consitution and the only thing protecting us from total NuLab authoritarianism is the Human Rights Act, the Judges and the House of Lords (each which the government is trying to get around) and now it appears that 90 day detention is back on the agenda.

I am fed up of having to give up my freedoms just because the government says so.

More Views

Lord Stevens goes shouty-crackers... again

Imminent Threat Of Passenger Plane Bombings' Lies ...

The Real Reason the British Should be Frightened

How London's Terror Scare Looks From Beirut

By ROBERT FISK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home