Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Fear

Threat of attack downgraded to severe
John Reid, the home secretary, said early today that the threat to the UK from terrorism has been downgraded from critical to severe after an intelligence assessment suggested that an attack was no longer imminent.

The change was made by the Joint Terrorism and Analysis Centre based on the latest intelligence, a statement from the Home Office said.
(snip)
Earlier yesterday Mr Reid had signalled yesterday that the government may revive plans to detain people without charge for up to 90 days as part of a package to deter a fresh wave of terror attacks.

The move reflects a toughening attitude across government in the wake of last week's alleged failed terror attack.
I am getting pretty fed up with the newscasters and the government telling me to be afraid all the time.

You are more likey to die getting out of bed in the morning than some distant 'terra attack'

Small arms fire kills more people every day than any terraist can hope to achieve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home