Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Friday, August 18, 2006

America

Dangerous Judges USA

Court rules wiretaps violate rights
DETROIT (Reuters) - A judge ordered the Bush administration on Thursday to stop a domestic wiretap program it says protects Americans from terrorism but which the judge said violated their civil rights.

The administration, buoyed by polls showing Americans back its handling of security and terrorism, appealed against the federal court ruling, saying: "We couldn't disagree more."

U.S. District Judge Anna Diggs Taylor said the wiretaps under a five-year-old "Terrorist Surveillance Program" violated freedom of speech, protections against unreasonable searches and a constitutional check on the power of the presidency.

"There are no hereditary kings in America and no powers not created by the Constitution," Taylor said in a 44-page ruling.
You know I would of thought the Bush Junta's wish for evavesdropping would have traditional conservatives up in arms even more, aren't they the ones who are into small government and privacy?

I don't see how any traditional conservative can support the Bush Junta's current policies. I mean the left kind of expects the eavesdropping , because that is a feature of big government, but I guess its more of a shock for the right, who should really be against this.

The Bush Cheerleaders have this slavish personality cult going on and screech if one dare raises an objection or offers another opinion, their political outlook is skewered.

The Neocons are out and out fascists, hard to believe that a majority are former Trotskyites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home