Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Anger

MPs overturn terror laws defeat

Terror threat: The great deception

New Abu Ghraib abuse photos anger Arabs

More snaps from Abu Ghraib

New Abu Ghraib Photos Released

Abu Ghraib: More Pictures

Baghdad violence leaves 10 dead

Israeli troops kill Palestinian boy

A Palestinian teenager with learning difficulties has been shot dead by Israeli troops during clashes near the northern West Bank city of Jenin.

Palestinian security forces said Israeli soldiers shot and killed Mujahid Samadi, a retarded 15-year-old Palestinian boy who was carrying a toy gun, on Wednesday.


Words cannot begin to describe how disgusted I am today.

With Blair wanting to curb our rights (check out my brother's post on why it is a bad idea and why the West gets the Islamic world wrong), new photos from Abu Gharib, ongoing deaths in Iraq and Israeli soldiers shooting a Palestinian teenager with learning diffuculties.

How did we reach such a revolting ammoral state?

Sometimes I feel like ancient writers such as Sallust who bemoned the decline of the Roman Republic, they saw the decline began with the defeat of both Carthage and Corinth, without an external enemy to fight they believed the Romans grew complacent and were 'corrupted' by the luxuries of the Greek east.

Moving on a bit one could argue watching America at the moment is like seeing the Roman Empire decline all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home