Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Thailand orders Burmese refugees to border camps

Refugees have been fleeing Burma for decades to escape the military dictatorship, brutal repression and economic stagnation. The flow increased with the crushing of the democracy movement led by Aung San Suy Kyi in the late 1980s. Regular crackdowns on dissent prompt new flows to the border.

I don't see Bush or his cohorts comming to free Burma. But then again its no where near the Middle East and it does not fit in with the Neocons Imperial Plans. Which goes to show Iraq was about oil and regime change, a weak easy target and a starting place for the Neocon's utopian plans for the Middle East, the Neocons don't care about Iraqis, they don't care about the Burmese Refugees, they are a bunch of sociopaths and we are trapped in their nightmare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home