Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

CrazyLand

Iranian leader refused permission to lay wreath at Ground Zero
The Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has triggered a diplomatic furore over his request to lay a wreath at the World Trade Centre site to commemorate the September 11 attacks.

Even before setting foot on US soil for the upcoming UN general assembly, the Iranian leader has managed to ruffle American feathers by asking to visit what is considered a sacred site.

Mr Ahmadinejad, who is to due to arrive on Sunday to address the assembly, had asked New York city and the US secret service earlier this month for permission to visit Ground Zero.
So whats the issue with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad not being allowed to visit the memorial?

I know he's crazy but his country had nothing to do with 9/11, nor is the USA at war with Iran (but probably soon) yet its head of state gets banned from visiting the memorial. It would be pointless to say that Iran isn't an Arabic country and the majority of its populace are Shiites.

I don't get the controversy, logic is not a strong point of the Bush Junta nor their Neocon fellow travelers, I wonder if they will try and trip up Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and therefore creation a casus bellis to attack Iran?

Its all very puzzling

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home