Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday Photo Blogging

A long time Palestinian friend of mine, Handool, send me a couple of photos he took in and around Bethlehem and asked that I blog them.






St George Slaying the Dragon


Entrance to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre


Inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre


Where Jesus was born




Outside the Church (with the Mosque of Omar in the background)


The Mosque of Omar, this was build by Saladin's son to commemorate Caliph Omar's visit to Jerusalem in 638, when Omar prayed on the steps of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre instead of inside so that it could remain a Christian holy place.

Photos of 1920s Bethlehem



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home