Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Unrelated Sunday Musings

On Vulgar Libertarians - Their logic is all askew they think 'if the state is abolished, then IBM will still be IBM'

They don't understand that companies like IBM are very much a product of the state capitalist system and would wither without it or at least run into major trouble.

---------

I get a pre 1914 vibe these days, observing the news.

With conflicts in Somaila, the Darfur region, Iraq, Afghanistan, the Northern part of Pakistan and of course the hovering above that Iran getting nuked, what if they were to all eventually link up? Its like the final long Edwardian summer, and its all going to end in tears. Question is what will emerge afterwards?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home