Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Thoughts for Today

You know Iran really shouldn't be bombed.

There is already an undercurrent from its youth for reform and change, chafing against the religious conformity, Iran is a very young country with most of its population under the age of 25, eventually the old guys at the top are going to die off.

Everyone forgets Iran had elections, so alright the clerics choose to ignore them but still why is it condemned when Saudi is even more despotic or Egypt which is just as repressive, and yet they are regarded as moderate.

If it was bombed, all it would do is strengthen the claims of the nutcases in the Iranian government.

I think its quite appalling that bombing Iran is even being discussed in the media by the very same people who advocated invading Iraq, which has proven a huge failure, just this week the US has managed to lose 190,000 weapons, why are they still considered credible experts?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home