Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Iraq

Iraqi PM rules out second term

· Maliki: I wish I could step down
· Man held over Saddam video
· Co-accused 'to be executed Thursday'

Nuri al-Maliki has said he wants to step down as prime minister of Iraq, as one of his advisers revealed that a man accused of recording Saddam Hussein's execution on his mobile phone has been arrested.

In a candid interview with an American newspaper, Mr Maliki said the most difficult decision he had ever made was taking the prime ministerial post.

"I only agreed because I thought it would serve the national interest, and I will not accept it again," he told the Wall Street Journal.
Sounds like Nursi al-Maliki wants to have a long healthy life. Who would want the poison chalice of PM of Iraq? A country which is currently engulfed in a civil war

Saddam's execution certainly pleased the Iranians.

I think out of this whole mess the Iranians have gotten the most of out of it, getting rid of an enemy on their doorstep, having a Shia friendly government installed.

Iran also scares many US/Western backed Arab dictatorships, because the Iranian people overthrew their Shah, the same could happen to them if their populace is given the right nudge yet the US has spent a fortune in lives and money giving wrong nudges, effectively forestalling the organic revolutions.

How can the US and the UK go on about 'democracy' when they back Mubarak's regime and the House of Saud? To many Muslims in the ME that appears hypocritical, so its no wonder the Bush Junta aren't 'winning hearts and minds', and that 'freedom on the march' proved shortlived.

Basically they have fucked up and its going to take decades to repair the damage done and I'm not even sure its possible and you have the I/P issues hanging over everyone's head.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home