Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Rant

What also angers me is when these 'war yay' bloggers love to talk about how its a 'struggle for civilization' and that 'only one may win', I mean sounds like they have overdosed on Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome one too many times.

Its the way they frame it into black and white, the way they choose to ignore complex truths.

Its irritating that that they can be so fucking stupid.

How we must fight this 'Islamist' menace, which they can't even explain very well, how they pervert words to their own twisted end, how they .muddy the issue and viciously attack any one who disagrees with this 'war on terror', who think the 'clash of civilizations' is bollocks, how your either 'with us or against us'.

Or how every single conflict going on in the world today has to be drawn into the 'war on terror' even if there is no real link just because it makes it simpler for the War Whores.

A simple world view exposed by the Bush Junta has done so much harm in so little time. It has not made us any safer either.

Its an 'epic war' for the war cheerleaders as long as they don't have to fight it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home