Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Energy Crisis

Russia turns off supplies to Ukraine in payment row, and EU feels the chill

· Germany and Hungary feel first knock-on effects
· Kremlin says Kiev must pay fuel's market price


US, Europe uneasy at Ukraine gas row

Ukraine 'stealing Europe's gas'

The ongoing Ukraine-Russia gas row has got me thinking about the future and what will happent to Britain.

Thats why in my opinion Britain should be self sufficient in as many energy sources as possible which means we should have several sources of power like solar, nuclear, wind etc. so if one conks out we won't be in trouble but this would be far too sensible for the current government and the powerful fossil fuel lobbies would not like it either because it would means less profits.

This Ukraine gas crisis is a portent of whats to come I fear.
"We are living in an interminable succession of absurdities imposed by the myopic logic of short-term thinking."--Jacques-Yves Cousteau

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home