Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Anti-terror laws face opposition

Blair seems determined to keep the British populace cowered in fear...


Would not suprise me if eventually if a Brit (especially a non white) who steps out of line, dares to critize the governements 'war on terra' or says something 'subversive' will probaly end up locked up indefinitely without trial.

Its complete and utter madness, we already have enough laws covering terrorism, why created new opressive laws? It goes against common sense.

My brother wrote a very good post on the anti terror debate - Government Tries to Ban Anything with the Word 'Terrorist' in it(Well not)

So why does 'New' Labour want this legislation? I think there are a number of reasons for this. Firstly 'New' Labour's DNA is woven from the blood of ex-Trots, ex-stalinists and hard-left leninist types. One suspects that they've retained their suspiscion of 'liberal' reformist ideologies and retro-fitted it to the reigning ideology. Boiling it down it means many 'New' Labour types have no natural sympathy for liberal or libertarian ideas and this means that their natural reflex is to command and control. to democraticaly centralise is the natural impulse. The recent anti-terror legislation is an example of this. This also dovetails in with 'New' Labour's and Blair's obession with controlling and massaging the message

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home