Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

A Very Sad Day Indeed

37 dead in London blasts

London explosions 'mirror Madrid bombings'

Implications of London Bombing

Statement of Qaeda al-Jihad in Europe

I am angry, sad and fed up at the same time. Bush and Blair claim they are 'defeating terorrism' when something as horrific as this happens, it makes me that little bit more cynical. Instead of going after the guys responible, they go galavanting around Iraq.

Its all rehtoric and very little action. The terrorist scum are allowed to get away with their crap time and time again.

I hope Blair does not use this tragedy to beging to restrict our liberties either.

Iraq proved a clusterfuck and has made the world that much more dangerous. When Bush used the term 'flypaper' with refrence to Iraq I could not believe it. Its smells faintly of imperalist/neo colonialism tones. Bush and Blair are using Iraq as a mean to an end - try defending that you wingnuts! I am digusted by that. It is morally wrong and it harms people.

Bush is terribly confused I thought he wanted to bring democracy to Iraq instead he says Iraq is a flypaper. You can't have a democratic governement while your country is being used as a battleground.

Interactive Map of Iraq Fatalities

I don't think the Iraqis would be happy for their country to be used as flypaper.

The bombing today proves Bush's flypaper strategy is bullshit.

On this sad day I refer you to an excellent link (with kudos to Eschaton)

U.S. reports major increase in worldwide terrorism

On a much lighter note Bush crashed into a Scottish Bobby while bike riding at Gleneagles.

Bush runs his county like he rides his bike.

update: London bombings toll rises to 38, 700 injured

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home