Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Tuesday Musings

I watched an excellent TV programme last night

Endgame (Channel 4), about the beginning of the end of Apartheid and the secret talks which took place at a house in Somerset between a representative of the ANC and the South African government. An extremely well made drama and excellent performances from Chiwetel Ejiofor, William Hurt and Jonny Lee Miller as respectively, key attendees Thabo Mbeki, philosophy professor Willie Esterhuyse, and Michael Young

Gave me serious thoughts all night, the fact that opposites could hammer out an agreement, sides who didn't like each other all that much. A similar thing happened in N Ireland between the IRA and the British government.

Then I read daily about what is happening in Israel and Palestine and it just makes me sad that something similar does not seem able to happen there.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home