Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

'No customs, no laws' (Tacitus)

Hicks to serve nine months' jail
Australian Guantanamo detainee David Hicks will be sent home to serve nine months in prison after being sentenced by a military judge at the facility.

Hicks, 31, was sentenced to seven years in jail after pleading guilty to supporting terrorism, but all but nine months of the sentence was suspended.
Nice deal eh!

Either maintain your innocent and be locked up for all eternity or admit your guilty and promise not to mention what torture methods were used on you and get a shorter sentence.

Makes one feel quite ill.

This is even more horrifying - 'In Britain, I have fewer rights than an animal'

When the man known as 'G' fled torture in Algeria, the UK offered the hope of refuge. But then he was detained for three years without trial. Now, living under stringent bail conditions, this member of the 'Belmarsh 12' is desperate to leave the country he thought would help him. He talks to Paul Donovan

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home