Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Friday, January 26, 2007

The BBC

ugh was watching a debate on Newsight (BBC 2's current affairs show), and there was this guy called Richard North who wrote a book titled Scap the BBC saying impartially has to be scraped and that it is 'posh'.

Sorry but anti-BBC types piss me off, the Beeb like any large organization as problems but their arguments are like bollocks, they are against it because they want to be against it but what they are argue would end up with say a homegrown Fox News.

In America the Fairness Doctrine was scrapped in the 80s and now look at the current state of the media there, Fox News recently lied about Barack Obama

David Osler puts it much better than I - In defence of the subsidariat

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home