Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Quagmire

Violent Baghdad deaths top 6,000
The bodies of 6,000 people, most of whom died violently, have been received by Baghdad's main mortuary so far this year, health ministry figures show.

The number has risen every month, to 1,400 in May. The majority are believed to be victims of sectarian killings.

But observers say the real death toll could be much higher.

Meanwhile police said nine severed heads were found near Baquba to the north of Baghdad - days after a similar discovery there.

In another development, Iraq's prime minister says he plans to release 2,500 prisoners.

I thought Iraq was a 'democracy' now? Seems to me its looks like an ongoing bloodbath, beside the insurgency and the civil war, you have mini civil wars breaking out amongst the Shia militias, and guess who is caught in the middle? yep its the US led Coalition of the Ever Decreasing who are caught in the middle and are quite clearly out of their depth.

Those who supported this war need to stop deluding themseleves that everything is going well in Iraq. Its not and it will not improve anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home