Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

NAHALEEN*

How many moons
departed tonight? How many homes
remain without light?
The fields mourn
for their lovers
and for the vines.
The jujube explodes in the conqueror's face.
The wall is red
the street is red
the color of trees
is red
as is the color of the earth and the sun.
The ears of corn tell me
that martyrs' blood
are the songs' wine
that maidens' dreams
are dewdrops
on the eyelids of wheat.

Nahaleen

what could have driven
the sorrow out of your eyes
other than the steadfastness
of the grass
under the conqueror's boot?
What could protect theand pigeons' nests
from the blaze
the daisies' field,
children's eyes,
or wild thyme
or bare arms? Oh Nahaleen!
The horses are racing toward you
to place a paradise at your feet.
And passionate songs blossom everywhere
life emerges victorious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home