Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Lemon Cake Blogging



This is a old family recipie for Lemon Cake

4oz soft margerine
4oz castor sugar
2 large eggs
4oz self raising flour
1oz ground almonds
1 table spoon of lemon curd
grated rind lemon (optional)
1 desertspoon of tepid water

1. shift together flour and ground almonds
2. cream margerine and sugar
3. add eggs beting in gradually
4. add lemon rind and lemond curd
5. fold in flower and almonds followed by Tepid water

Bake in greased 8" sandwhich tin at 350oF/Reg 4 for approx 30 minutes

Ice when cold with lemon glace icing using juice of grated lemon and a little clouring if liked.

You can either have it straight just with icing or you can put buttericing in (which my mother chose to do, she added twist to it by using lemon liqure in the butter icing)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home