Devizes Melting Pot

“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus

My Photo
Name:
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

British press split down the middle on Blair's anti-terrorism moves

Deportation plans anger rights groups

Blair is all about grabbing headlines. which is what his whole speech was about, nice soundbites for the hacks

Blair is worried about looking bad in the press or being called weak.

I mean banning extremnist groups websites? surely its easier to keep track of a group if their are out in the open and not underground? not to mention the said group could just reform and select a less offensive name?

The government just wants more and more control over people's lives.

"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich."-- Peter Ustinov

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home