Devizes Melting Pot
“Protection. Conservation. Restriction. Deep ecology. Give me deep technology any day. They don't scare me. "I'm damned if I'll crawl, my children's children crawl on the earth in some kind a fuckin' harmony with the environment. Yeah, till the next ice age or the next asteroid impact." (Moh Kohn, The Star Fraction)/ "This is the fight between God and the Devil. If His Grace is with God, he must join me, if he is for the Devil he must fight me. There is no third way" King Gustavus Adolphus
- Name: Moonbootica
- Location: Devizes, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
University graduate, currently working as an Information Assistant for the NHS. Interested in politics, history, sci fi etc.
Friday, November 25, 2011
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Saturday, November 19, 2011
1/4 cup (3 tbs) Zaytoun's za'atar
4x 180g skinless chicken breast fillets
1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
1 large red onion
1/3 cup (80ml) white wine
3/4 cup (185ml) chicken stock
1 1/2 cups (270g) Zaytoun large grain couscous (maftool)
1/3 cup toasted pine nuts or almonds
2 oranges peeled, segmented, juice reserved (about 50ml)
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1 tsp ground cumin
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC
2. Rub the za'atar all over the chicken. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large, deep frypan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side until golden. Transfer to a roasting pan and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Wipe the frypan with a paper towel, then heat over a medium-high heat. Add the red onion, saute till soft, then add the wine and cook for 1 minute.
4. Then add the stock. Bring to boil, add the Palestinian couscous (maftool), remove from heat, cover and stand for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork and stir in the pine nuts, orange segments and coriander leaves.
5. Whisk the remaining olive oil and reserved orange juice in a small bowl with cumin. Add to the couscous and gently combine.
6. Slice the chicken breasts and serve on top of the couscous.
Friday, November 18, 2011
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Preservation Hall Jazz Band: old time jazz from New Orleans
Friday, November 11, 2011
Friday, November 04, 2011
Wednesday, November 02, 2011
In Sept I joined my town's Chamber Choir, and we will be performing at a Christmas Concert in December.